The Hockinson School District has developed plans for school operations in the event of inclement weather this winter. Although the HSD is currently in a remote learning model, these plans are necessary to ensure the safety of staff and students who teach and learn at HSD school sites.
Two-Hour Late Start
If weather conditions necessitate a late start, all elementary and middle school students will follow the late start schedule:
- HHES AM Session for in-person learning will be canceled. Teachers will hold a class meeting to direct asynchronous learning.
- HHES and HMS will begin services (eg, student support meetings, HMS WiFi Cafe) at 10 AM. Special Education services will be communicated on a TBD basis.
- HHS will remain on a 12:30 pm start time.
- Meal pick-up service will continue if the late start occurs on a Monday or Wednesday.
Should it be necessary to cancel school due to unsafe weather conditions, there will be no school for all HSD students.
- On-site and remote learning will be canceled for all students.
- Meal pick-up will also be canceled if the school closure happens on a Monday or Wednesday.
Weather-related late starts and closure decisions are typically made with just a few hours notice. The HSD is prepared to cancel school on two days and extend the end of the school year through June 18 before shifting to a remote learning model on additional inclement weather days.
In the event of inclement conditions, we will repeat all of this information (or any variation of it) in our communication to staff and families.